With new laws and regulation, personal cannabis growth is moving out of basements and into backyards. However, in today’s market, most cannabis greenhouse suppliers focus on commercial (large production) growers, leaving personal marijuana growers on their own. At Sturdi-Built, we recognize the need for a smaller sized, high-end marijuana/ cannabis greenhouse. We can provide a beautiful addition to your backyard, designed to meet your personal growing needs.
Here is what we would recommend to begin successful growing:
- Trillium Greenhouse, available in 7’x7′ or 7’x9′ sizes. In a cannabis greenhouse, it’s all about sunlight. The glass walls and twin wall polycarbonate roof glazing in our Trillium greenhouse allow for plenty of light. The greenhouse should be supplied with water and electricity. Too small? See the photos below of a Tropic 16 greenhouse ready to grow!
- Cold climate? Consider adding our Thermal Option, a second layer of glazing to help a cannabis greenhouse stay warm in the winter.
- Add solar vent openers to automatically open the roof vents when the greenhouse gets warm. Our base walls have built in vents. When the roof vents open, hot air exits through the roof and cool air flows in through the base wall vents.
- Add benches. Depending on the ultimate height of your plants, you might want to leave one side with no bench to accommodate full size plants, while the other side can have a bench for smaller plants.
- Add lights – we recommend High Output fluorescent fixtures. They are efficient to operate and are available with both blue spectrum lamps (for foliage growth) as well as red/orange spectrum for flowering. See page 8 in our downloadable Accessory Catalog. Add a light timer to control when the lights are on.
- Other accessories to consider: Heater to maintain winter temperatures; Oscillating Fan for air circulation; Shade Cloth to help with sunburn and overheating, and a thermometer. See these accessories and more in our Accessory Catalog. Whatever your climate, we will work with you to ensure the proper accessories and customizations are included in your cannabis greenhouse to guarantee a great grow right from the start.
Sturdi-built Greenhouse Manufacturing is a small, family business, built on providing customized service before, during and after the sale. It is important to us that you love your greenhouse and we work hard to make that happen. Call us to discuss your plans, 1-800-334-4115 or email (Office hours are 8am to 4:30pm, M-F Pacific coast time). A beautiful Sturdi-built redwood greenhouse will give you years of enjoyment.