• Adds a layer of inner glazing to create a double-glazed greenhouse.
• The Thermal Option may be purchased with the greenhouse or added later.
• Uses either window clear acrylic, twin-wall polypropylene or a combination of these materials.
• The insulating air space between the inner and outer glazing is 5/8”.
• We recommend clear glass and inner clear acrylic be used for walls. For roof glazing, double twin wall is very effective.
• Using 6mm Twin Wall polycarbonate exterior glazing and 4mm Twin Wall polyethylene interior glazing, an R value of about 5 is obtained—twice the insulation available with other greenhouses.
• Our Thermal Option system is designed to breathe to accommodate the high humidity levels in greenhouses.
• Heat-efficient redwood construction along with our Thermal Option makes a Sturdi-built greenhouse kit a very thermally efficient greenhouse.
Read more about the Thermal Option in our downloadable price list and check out our supplementary video about greenhouse glazing and greenhouse insulation using our Thermal Option below!
Click here to go back to Options page